- Age : 31
- Birthday : September 7, 1985
- Hobbies : running, swimming, watching Koreanovelas, daydreaming, doing DIY projects, traveling
- Likes : seeing pretty things, discovering new things, hiking/climbing mountains
- Dislikes : inefficiency, excuses, over promises, having no money
- Ambition : As an entrepreneur for Punchdrunk Panda and Raw Bites, there’s nothing more fulfilling than seeing your brand/s grow. Every single sale makes me happy and, sometimes, I still can’t believe that someone is buying one of my creations. I always say that my ultimate goal is an early “retirement” -- by that I don’t mean just lazing around but simply just doing the things I’m really passionate about.
- Life Motto : You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, just literally 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery, and I promise you something great will come of it.
- Color : I say I like bright colors but my drawer is filled with blue and white shirts.
- Food : popcorn, cookies, peanut butter, McDonald’s Chicken Nugget & Oreo (must be Oreo) McFlurry are my guilty pleasures but I like sinigang, adobo, my chicken noodle soup and my chicken kale rice pot
- Place To Visit : Arctic and Antarctica (I don’t mind being in expedition there for a month), Finland, Siargao, Atacama Desert, Shetland Islands (to see those Shetland ponies)
- Movie : OMG, any romantic comedy! I’ll watch it 20 times (and probably have already)
- TV Show : I love happy endings -- reality is not perfect already so my form of entertainment should be. My favorite Koreanovela now is “In Need of Romance 2012” and “Someone Like You.” If not a rom-com, the more I re-watch The Office, the funnier it gets. I also like How I Met Your Mother for the real life lessons it teaches me. And of course, Friends for just being the Seinfeld of my time. I also appreciate documentaries but I’m going to lie if I say that I haven’t fallen asleep while watching some.
- Song/Artist : I recently listened to The Weeknd and it just reminded me of how good he is but Leona Lewis and Kina Granis are voices I hope I have.
- How would you describe yourself in one sentence? I am a little energizer bunny.
- Which of your traits are you most proud of? Persistent and brave. I think my courage worries my mom a bit ̍
- What are some small things that make your day better? Nice people saying “Hello!” Oh and, pooping in the morning.
- What/Who inspires you? I don’t think I look up to a specific person but a group of aspiring artists who keep on going until they make it -- and even when they make it, they still keep on going simply because they’ve found their passion.
- How do you keep yourself inspired? I really want an early “retirement” while still being able to support my future family.
- How do you balance life and work? No sleep or actually just making sacrifices.
- What is the one thing you can’t live without? My laptop.
- What made you get into this business? Appreciation for design. I couldn’t get into the Art Department while I was working in Advertising because I was apparently more “fit” to be an Account Executive so I figured that I’ll just create an avenue to express my creativity. One thing led to another and now Punchdrunk Panda is celebrating its 10th Birthday!
- What is the best/your favorite thing about what you do? Working with young artists. I guess it’s always been a frustration of mine to be coined as an artist so I figured I might as well support them through this business. What accomplishments are you most proud of? Being able to sustain PdP after 10 years. 7 of those years, I was actually remotely managing it from Canada and UK. I obviously have to thank my staff for her support.
- What challenges do you experience most? Daily admin work is a challenge when doing business in the Philippines because everything is so manual. As much as I’d like to focus on the important parts of the business, I find myself doing mundane things that are effects of inefficiencies in the system.
- How do you overcome challenging encounters? PdP is more than just a business for me. I’ve kept it for this long because I think it builds my character. Through PdP, I take risks -- and if it doesn’t work, I always remind myself that it won’t kill me so I’ll just move on and take it as a learning experience.
- What have you learned about yourself throughout the process of running your business? That I am a good but also a tough boss. I love running my own business; it comes with a lot of worries but also a lot of satisfaction when you get things to go your way.
- What are your future plans for Punchdrunk Panda? I want it to eventually be a household name for quirky office/school supplies -- hence, I’m growing the Organizer Set, which is also our most popular collection.
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? Watching a movie, running, wine and popcorn
- What’s on your bucket list? Maybe live in a treehouse, hike Kilimanjaro, have an amazing kitchen, get a cute Bulldog, complete the World Major Marathons, star gaze at Atacama Desert, be in a space station (or maybe just visit NASA and shadow a scientist)
- What skill would you like to master? Animation
- What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Probably a Korean show where I get to meet my Korean Prince Charming
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Watch my Korean shows
- What advice would you tell your younger self? Don’t spend on clothes. But in all seriousness, have no regrets, you’ll achieve real success if you keep doing what you love doing.
- What is something you think everyone should do once in their lives? Travel solo.